Essential Functions & Responsibilities
A successful candidate acts as the Technical Lead and directs other consultants in the IT support of local small and medium-sized businesses. They will analyze the overall business & systems needs of a client organization, advises the client on technology direction and definition, plans & presents recommendation to the client. The job does involve some local travel to client locations.
- Meet with client representatives at various levels of the organization (business owners, office managers, CFO) to discuss needs, goals and constraints.
- Create system architecture (diagrams, presentations and documents) to address clients’ needs. Deliver technical presentation to technical and non-technical client’s personnel.
- Implement new technologies for clients.
- Support and troubleshoot client’s users, servers, workstations and networks. Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Maximize system availability and performance through fault-tolerant configuration, efficient network architecture, and proactive server monitoring, while keeping in mind the customer’s business goals.
- Support and manage a variety of applications including but not limited to: office automation applications email applications, phone communications, and high-speed internet connections.
- Create on-going documentation of the environment as it evolves, including detailed time records of account activity.
- Be able to recommend and specify new server communications equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
- Set up and evaluate various information services and applications for clients or for Nextrio internal infrastructure.
- Specify and order new server and communications equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
New Technologies Explored:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Server and Business Essentials Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server
- Windows Vista Platforms
- Collaboration tools; Groove, OneNote, Google Apps, etc.
- VoIP phone systems
- Advanced networking, security, filtering and more
- Managed service applications; software as a service (SaaS)
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Server and Microsoft Desktop platforms.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory specific to design, architecture, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of security surrounding Microsoft technologies, including user authentication, file encryption and other validation schemes, DNS, DHCP, WINS, File and Print Services.
- Experience in large-scale managed environments in design and system deployment.
- Experience in Windows Scripting with Visual Basic and WMI and other tools.
- Microsoft messaging technologies including Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007.
- Strong understanding with network protocols, routing and switching. (LAN and WAN)
- Strong understanding of secure communications methodologies necessary.
- Systems management experience in small, mid and large scale network environments a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills, and the ability to implement quick workarounds to technical problems.
- Willingness to exchange information with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to operate effectively in a mobile office environment, providing consistent follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity technology. Familiarity with remote monitoring tools and remote troubleshooting techniques.
- Prior consulting experience is desirable.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MSCE)
- Degree in CIS or MIS and 4 years work experience in information technology, tech support call center or equivalent work and/or training experience.
Ability to respond to off-hour technical emergencies when on extended call. Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of user workstations, the network, and peripherals.
Managing Partner, Nextrio, LLC
Works Closely with:
Client staff, Nextrio developers and engineers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to: 520-232-5415.